Belmont is a business theme designed for crafstspeople and other industrial designers looking to showcase their work.
- Content-portability-friendly homepage – Homepage section content is pulled from existing WordPress pages. Because Belmont does not store content in widgets or theme options, like other themes with custom homepage designs, you can avoid messy theme switches.
- Multiple homepage panel styles – Select between Featured Image on Left, Featured Image on Right, or Call to Action after you’ve selected which (non-page-templated) page to use.
- Testimonial and Grid sections – As seen on the homepage of the demo site. Showcase two random testimonials or a grid of up to six small pages, by selecting the appropriate page template.
- Jetpack Content Options – Toggle display of author name, categories, tags, featured images. Also, choose between either excerpts or full content display on blog pages.
- Jetpack Infinite Scroll – Let your blog readers scroll infinitely without having to click “Older Posts” and “Next Posts” links, although that is what we use on our demo because we styled them to look pretty cool.
- Jetpack Testimonials – Belmont utilizes the Jetpack Testimonials post type to store testimonial content, so those stick around after you switch themes too (just as long as Jetpack remains active).
- Sidebar widget area – It’s been a while since we’ve included a sidebar in one of our themes. But if you don’t want one, no worries. Just don’t put any widgets and non-homepage pages will convert to a one column layout.
- Flexible Footer Widgets – Please note that with all three footer widget columns, the first column will be narrower than the other two. This narrower column is intended for bulleted lists, like menus.
Please note that the homepage has a limited number of sections. If you purchase this theme with the expectation that you’ll be able to easily add more than six sections, you will be disappointed.
We understand that six sections may be too restrictive for some, and may work on a tutorial if demand is high enough.
For now, please aim to work within the theme’s limitations, only including essential content on the homepage. Internet people’s attention spans are notoriously short, so having a super long homepage probably isn’t a good thing anyway.
Big thanks to Automattic themes like Pique, which we used as a basis for Belmont’s content-portability-friendly homepage.
- Belmont Setup Guide
- Designer: Tung Do